Registration & payment
- The Regular Session runs from September through June. The Summer Session, if offered, runs from July through August.
- To hold a space in a program, please fill out the Registration Form (for new students) and submit the $20 Registration Fee (per student) online via credit card.
- A student is considered registered upon receipt of the required first tuition installment made according to billing terms.
- Students/Parents are billed for tuition either monthly or per term and may pay online via e-transfer or credit card. Due dates and details will be included on your invoice.
- Any processing fees will be detailed on the invoice.
- Late registrations will be accepted, space permitting. Simply fill out the Lesson Inquiry Form indicating your desired start date in the “Questions or Comments” section. You will be contacted as soon as possible.
- Tuition does not include books, supplies, and the technology required for online programs.
- At least one parent/guardian and the student (where possible), will be subscribed to the studio website in order to receive important announcements, studio-related information, and music-related posts. Kindly accept the invitation to subscribe, which will be sent to your e-mail address(es).
- Lessons will take place weekly at a regularly scheduled time arranged between teacher and student (or parent/guardian).
- Should the teacher need to cancel a lesson, every effort will be made to provide notice at least 24 hours in advance of the lesson time. A make-up lesson will be given at a time arranged between teacher and student (or parent/guardian). If no make-up time can be arranged, tuition credit will be given for the missed lesson. Make-up lessons must be arranged and completed before the end of the Session.
- Lesson cancellation by the student (or student’s parent/guardian) must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the lesson time. A make-up lesson will be given at a time arranged between teacher and student (or parent/guardian). No make-up lesson will be given if no notice of cancellation is received, or if notice is received in less than 24 hours. Lesson cancellation due to an emergency will require appropriate documentation. Tuition credit will not be given for lessons cancelled by the student (or parent/guardian). Make-up lessons must be arranged and attended before the end of the Session.
- A maximum of 3 missed lessons is permitted in one Regular Session, regardless of the reason. No make-up lessons will be given for further student absences. For those registered for less than a Regular Session, the maximum number of missed lessons permitted will be dependent on the length of registration.
- The student is expected to be prepared for the lesson, bringing all lesson books, a binder, pencil, and eraser. Materials needed, including books, will be discussed at the first lesson and whenever necessary.
- Students are expected to practice regularly. Guidelines for practice will be given before the end of each lesson.
- For in-person lessons, a waiting area is provided for parents/guardians for the duration of a student’s lesson. At least one parents/guardian of students who need assistance with bathroom use must stay in the waiting area for the duration of the student’s lesson.
- For online lessons, depending on a student’s age or needs, a parent/guardian may be required to stay with the student or to be immediately available as necessary.
- Students must arrive on time in order not to disrupt the class.
- Any materials/supplies needed will be discussed in class as needed.
- As a courtesy to classmates, students (or their parents/guardians) must provide notice of absence at least 24 hours prior to the class time. This will allow revisions to be made to the lesson plan.
- No make-up lessons are provided for missed classes. The student (and their parent/guardian) will, however, be informed of what was missed.
- A make-up lesson will be given in the event that the teacher cancels a class. The make-up class will be given at a time convenient for everyone, arranged and completed before the end of the Session. If this is not possible credit will be given for the cancelled class.
- Parents/Guardians should prepare children to engage in appropriate classroom behaviour.
- For in-person lessons, at least one parent or guardian must remain in the music studio’s waiting area throughout the lesson.
- For online lessons, at least one parent or guardian must be immediately available (or with the student), if necessary.
- If a student wishes to withdraw, a minimum of 30 days’ notice is required, e.g. if you wish to end your lessons on January 31st, you must give notice no later than January 1st, in order for a refund to be given for the remaining months, or for monthly billing to stop.
- If less than 30 days’ notice is given, the equivalent of one month’s tuition will not be returned.
changes to lesson policies
Students/Parents/Guardians will be alerted to any changes to these Lesson Policies.
Updated on July 10, 2020